Baby is on the move!
- He/she will be crawling, and may pull to stand or cruising as they hold onto furniture.
- Baby will use a pincher gasp to pick up small objects, and almost everything dos to the mouth, so keep a watchful eye.
- Baby will babble and imitate gestures and are learning to read facial expressions.
- Baby will point to objects and understands some cause and effect – throwing things to the ground is great fun!.
- They understand the word “No”
Have your baby join the rest of the family for meal-time.
- Baby should have had a variety of foods by now. As messy as it can be, it is important to allow them to self-feed for at least a good part of the meal and drink from a sippy cup
- Small pieces of soft foods may be cut and placed directly on the high chair tray. No nuts, hotdogs, popcorn, or other foods which can cause choking
- Avoid honey until 1 year of age
- Allow many types of healthy foods, but allow baby to determine when he/she is full
- Baby will be drinking less formula and eating more solids, most babies take between 16-24 oz of formula or breast milk daily
- Avoid candy or sweets instead offer fresh fruits
- Baby will sleep for about a 9-10 hour stretches at night. With one to two naps daily
- Baby does not need to feed in the middle of the night – if baby wakes, gently soothe allow to self-soothe
- Now that baby can roll both ways, they can sleep in any position they prefer
- Keep the crib free of pillows, stuffed animals, crib bumpers, and other soft items
- Establish a regular nighttime schedule
- Rear facing car seat, in the back seat, always secured
- No bulky clothing while secured in seat
- Lower the crib mattress to the lowest position to prevent falls
- Always supervise Baby around pets
- Stranger anxiety and separation anxiety is prevalent – they can be shy or clingy in new situations and with people they don’t know
- Engage with your baby with sensory toys, board books and play
- Well visit for 1 Month
- Well visit for 2 Months
- Well visit for 4 Months
- Well visit for 6 Months
- Well visit for 9 Months
- Well visit for 12 Months
- Well visit for 15 Months
- Well visit for 18 Months
- Well visit for 2.5 Years
- Well visit for 3 Years
- Well visit for 4 Years
- Well visit for 5 Years
- Well visit for 6-8 Years
- Well visit for 9-10 Years
- Well visit for 11-14 Years
- Well visit for 15-18 Years